Calling all mama’s… Calling ALL mama’s!! Who RUNS THIS MOTHA?! Um you do! Yes you do. Let’s get that straight first off. Before I show you a bunch of pretty pictures… because my day looks like that everyday… hahah psych. But really if I have the opportunity to make pretty pictures you bet I will! Big thanks to https://happygoamie.com/ for always nailing my vision and http://www.prettylittlesocial.com/ for supplying the balloons with speedy fast shipping. And last but not least http://www.scoutandcloth.com/ for always making me feel like the babes of all babes with the pretty fancy dress! Now if we are going to be completely honest the whole shoot was not so glamours. I could have easily left out all the “Eh Revel is throwing a fit and um brighty is not listening” or kept sooome Raw to see whats up. You just might be able to spy a few of those gems! Bless those two. haha. I am about to give you MY tips that help me being a working stay at home mama. Phew what a task it can be. But those tiny little faces make it alllll worth it. Can I get an AMEN.
First can I just say Momming is hard. Momming on shoot days or catch up days are even harder. For me its that internal struggle between two of my greatest passions; my babies and creating. But I will say this… the babes out way the art! They ALWAYS come first… but that doesn’t mean I tuck away my drive to create. I constantly remind myself that I am not only doing this for me but for my family and babies too. Not only financially, but to show how important it is to invest in the people of this world and try to put your touch on it! I want to create stunning images that make your jaw drop and films that make your heart stir! Show my kiddos I am a hard working driven KICK ASS fun mom too! Woot Woot. So here is my list that helps me through my week.
- Wake up two hours before my kiddos wake up. I have to say I lucked out. My babes sleep in till 9 a.m. So this tip might not work for everyone! But this gives me time to bust out some posts if needed, catch up on a session and answer emails. Or if I have nothing to catch up on ME TIME. I have recently discovered ” The Five-Minute Journal” I will provide a link. I wont dive to deep into it. Basically it makes you a happier person. https://www.amazon.com/Five-Minute-Journal-Happier-Minutes/dp/0991846206/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504101787&sr=8-1&keywords=the+five+minute+journal Check it out! Biggest tip GET READY!! You are far more motivated in the day when you get dressed and ready for the day.
- Once kiddos are up I make them some breakfast, put a show on for them and whip my house into shape. I don’t deep clean but I ALWAYS make sure to make all beds. Something about walking into a room with a bed made makes your day a little lighter. If Brighty babe is done eating I have her pick up her room… this can be a battle. But I have some kind of fun reward at the end. It can be playing with a friend or painting some rocks. Yep struggle is real. Little miss needs to learn responsibility too.
- I try three out of the five day workday to find an activity or play date for the kiddos. This is not only fun for the kiddos but can be a “little” bit of break for mama. Even better if you have friends who are on a similar schedule to yours and you can go hang with them and their kiddos. Bam!
- HIT UP THE DOLLAR STORE! If you have kiddos like my 4 year old she loves little crafts to keep her busy. Make it even more fun for them and let them pick it out! We always get the little paint sets. One time we found the cutest wind chime set kit! These always help keep sis busy so I catch up on things.
- NAP Time! This is where I will squeeze in more answer emails and catching up on edits. Also the time I figure out what will be for dinner!
- DINNER TIME: If you don’t have any dinner ideas Id love to recommend Hello Fresh… it really lives up to its name!
- After dinner we walk the goats, yep our cute little miniature goats as a family. Then bring kiddos in for bath time. After me and my husband will split up kiddos and get them to sleep. Or we try! Some nights we are so pooped we all pile on the couch and veg. Both kiddos fall asleep and me and my hubby are dang near asleep. Then we will finally all crawl into our beds.
So there you have it. Nothing fancy but what works for ME! Now sometimes ill have a pretty hefty work load or have deadlines to hit. When that happens I most definitely sacrifice sleep. I will stay up late hours in the night. This is so real for the creatives in the world! But you do what you gotta do… there has even been days where my baby is playing in the office all day with toys and I have countless rocks for Brighyn to paint (her favorite passing time).
Let me know if YOU have any tips to send my way! I am all about helping another mama or dad out! WHO RUNS THIS MOTHA!!